Sunday 22 January 2017

399. Banh Banh.

I ventured here for a lunch date with a friend. Having visited back in Summer last year I thoroughly enjoyed it but needed another taste to remember how good it was. It didn't fail.

Run by a Vietnamese family (turns out its my house mates, mate), the food is traditional Vietnamese food and feels healthy and fresh. 

Menu Good size, plenty of starters to pick and mix from and a good choice of mains but not an overwhelming amount which is good. 

Interior Feels easy and relax, bit of the scandi wood, exposed lightbulb vibe but not pretentious or cramped.

Food The pork skewers with lemongrass dipping sauce were so delicious we could of had a portion each (3 skewers per portion) and the Chicken Pho felt fresh and light, healthy amount of noodles, chicken could have been less chunky and a little extra chilli but overall very tasty. I went back the following week with my boyfriend and he got the chicken curry, I very much had food envy as I tried a mouthful and it was just so flavoursome. However I went for the noodle salad which came with two spring rolls and these incredible pork patties. Again nice and light but very wholesome and delicious.

Price Pork Skewers £6 / Pho £9/ Curry and Rice £11/ Noodle salad £9.5

Rating 4/5

Address 46 Peckham Rye, London SE15 4JR














No comments:

Post a Comment